During your appointment, we strive to answer all of your questions and to proactively review any post-treatment care or at home instructions before you leave the office. If you should have a question or concern regarding your dental care, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Listed below are some dental services that we routinely perform, as well as instructions and precautions to be aware of after you leave our office.
- do not brush your teeth
- avoid any hard, hot, sticky or chewy foods
- avoid acidic or alcoholic beverages
- Avoid eating or drinking overly warm or hot items until anesthesia wears off, otherwise, normal eating and drinking is acceptable right away.
- If you are fitted with a temporary crown or bridge, avoid hard or sticky foods in that area
- When flossing around the temporary, adhere to the floss “pull-through” method.
- Rinse with salt water.
- After your new, finalized crown or bridge is cemented, wait one hour to eat.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods for a few hours.
- Resume normal brushing/flossing habits, and follow any special hygiene instructions given by your dentist.
Avoid eating or drinking until the anesthesia wears off. Avoid hard foods for 24 hours.
- After your extraction, our office provides extra gauze to take home.
- Apply a fresh gauze pad every 20 minutes to the extraction site until bleeding stops.
- For the first 24 hours after extraction: do not rinse/swish/spit or use a straw. Eat soft foods.
- After 24 hours: rinse with warm salt water. Avoid hard and crunchy foods for two weeks.
- Do not smoke for 72 hours. Ice may be used for minor swelling. Contact our office if severe swelling or fever develops.
As specialists in comprehensive restorative cases, Verber Advanced Dental Institute strives to make the process of rehabilitating your smile as comfortable and convenient as possible. Often, the transition to definitive restorations requires a temporary phase so that you can test drive your new smile. Additional information regarding instructions and expectations at this link: coming soon!
For mild to moderate post-operative discomfort, take 600-800mg of ibuprofen (Advil) and 650-1000mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol), three times a day. Do not take these medications if you have liver problems, allergies to these drugs, or if you are not confident that these medications are safe for you, please check with your physician. If you are in severe discomfort please contact our office immediately.